Request Group Writing Tutorials
Course-Based Writing Support
Would you like to receive better written assignments from your students? Then consider signing up for Writing Across the Curriculum’s group writing tutorials program! We offer in-class lectures and workshops to both graduate and undergraduate classes, and small group writing tutorials specifically designed around your discipline’s writing conventions and the specifics of your writing assignment(s).
The program is free: there is no charge to your department and no costs to your students.
What we provide:
- A 30 – 50 minute in-class introduction to your writing assignments.
- 2 – 3 optional, small group tutorials, for up to 12 students per session.
What we need from you:
- Up to one hour of class time to review the assignment(s) with your students, and talk to them about effective, discipline specific writing strategies.
- The course syllabus, assignment description, and any ancillary material (marking rubrics, scoring guides, sample assignments, and the like).
How to apply:
Complete the form below or email Daniel Harvey:
Daniel Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Senior Consultant, Writing Across the Curriculum
Instructor, Writing Studies; English and Film Studies
In your email, identify:
- the course name and number
- expected enrollment (approximate)
- due date for the writing assignment
- a description of the writing assignment
- course lecture times/days of the week
Evaluation of requests:
We try to accommodate as many requests as we can; we anticipate being able to offer tutoring for up to 20 courses each term. We’ll evaluate requests based on how soon they are submitted, and our ability to schedule tutorial sessions. You should hear back from us within a week; if not, please send an email to email@example.com.