Check the WAC Events Calendar to see upcoming sessions. All are welcome to attend but we ask that you please register.
Conversations About Writing Reading Group
As an extension of Dr. Chris Thaiss’s presentation, Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) invites you to join a reading group for faculty across the University. The first book in our discussion is a free download at this address: http://wac.colostate.edu/books/l2/. To receive more information please sign up here.
Would you like to improve the writing of your students? Improve their learning of your lecture material? Are you looking for new ways to engage your students in your course materials? If this interests you, contact Roger Graves firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780.492.2169
What we do for individual instructors:
- meet to talk about ways to incorporate informal (short, impromptu) writing assignments into any class, small or large
- review via email any assignment you give students that has a writing component to help make it clearer for students and to help develop grading rubrics to improve the speed and accuracy of grading
- visit your class to help students get started on your writing assignments
What we do for departments:
- hold workshops on creating good writing assignments
- host discussions of how to improve the writing of students in your programs
- conduct reviews of writing assignments in your departments courses to identify exactly what your students are being asked to write—and to ensure that they have access to resources on how to write (online and on-campus)
What we do for students:
- support student writers in the disciplines with a variety of interventions: lectures, online resources, and group tutoring